My background is in both poetry and social justice education, and I make my living performing, presenting, and facilitating programs. Part of my practice is to work with event organizers to make each keynote, performance, or workshop align with the needs of that particular audience, so there is a lot of flexibility in what I do. A few general options below; click the image for even more possibilities:
- Performance + Q&A: can be combined with other points on this list.
- Themed performance or “poetic keynote” built around a particular topic (healthy masculinity, consent, counter-narrative, leadership, a range of equity issues, etc.)
- Workshops, trainings, and facilitated discussions: whether arts-based, social justice-based, or both.
- Class visits and residencies: whether a one-time visit or a longer engagement.
- Virtual programs, residencies, and commissioned videos on particular topics for use in schools.
- Feel free to pitch other ideas; I’ve shared some extended booking info (along with even more virtual program ideas) here.
Please use the form below to get in touch with any ideas or questions!